Saturday, December 12, 2015

Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe

I am neither Catholic, nor of Mexican heritage, and yet Our Lady of Guadalupe has come into my life more than once.  Her legend is beautiful and profound, and so when a friend of mine suggested three of us meet on the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe to paint her image, I felt deeply honored to participate.

Especially, since I am not a painter.


Anyone who is familiar with the iconic image of Our Lady of Guadalupe, would maybe point out that she does not have white hair, but this is how she presented herself to me.  And why wouldn't she be all things to all people.

There wasn't enough time for me to finish it today, but through the process of painting The Lady, I am finding a love for painting.  I hope I am brave enough to continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment