Tuesday, March 3, 2020

An Alternate Reality: Episode 3-Making A Difference?

In episode 3 (recorded and posted on 3/3), I talk about the things I do to make a difference even when I don’t believe it will.

I didn’t go into a lot of detail in what I said about voting on the recording, mostly because I was having trouble with my recording tools and so I was distracted and didn’t say all I would have liked to on the subject.  I’ve gone into a little more detail here.

On Voting?

I don’t believe my vote actually counts.  I don’t believe it matters who I vote for because I think the people who consider themselves “in charge of the political process” are going to pick for us because they don’t trust people to choose their own leaders and they think they know what’s best for us.  Never the less, I still vote as if it absolutely makes a difference.  So even though I don’t believe my vote means anything, I still vote as if it all depends on me.

Because I will not give in to those who think they know what’s best for me, or what’s best for all of us.  They couldn’t possibly know because they can’t see through my eyes, or feel what I feel.  They don’t live my life and they don’t live yours.

I will not make it easy for “an established political elite” to rob me of my voice or my right to participate in democracy.  I vote because I think we can do better.  I vote like I believe it will make a difference.

Because some day it might.

On Climate Change

Another topic I spoke on, was what I do to actively fight climate change on a personal level.  I spoke at some length about that, so I won’t say more here.  It’s about choices.

An Alternate Reality

You can listen to An Alternate Reality at this link.

Or follow posts On Instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment