Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Of Spoons

I finally sold my first zine on etsy.  It's the only venue that wasn't working for me, and now I'm really glad I sold one at this time in particular, because I ended up finding, through etsy, a very important article that I would like to share here.

I had decided that I would close my etsy account after my listings expired, but when I came back from helping my parents move, I found that I had actually sold something.  So after figuring out where the payment had gone, (because I had apparently set that up wrong) I decided to relist Hearth & Heart, as well as the letterpress holiday cards we make at Pegana Press.

work in progress "dummy" zine
I don't spend much time on etsy, because I don't have all that much spare time to familiarize myself with something new.  But I happened to notice that two people had "favorited" my zine, and I wanted to understand that aspect of etsy a little better so I clicked on the name.  Such a random thing for me to do, but it led me eventually to a very inspiring article, because I happened to notice there was "team" on etsy going by the name of "Calling All Spoonies".

I became interested because I am almost finished creating a zine about spoons, and I could tell this wasn't the same thing at all.

When I followed the link it took me to a site called "But You Don't Look Sick . com"  And I found this article explaining The Spoon Theory and was immediately touched by it.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/ 

If you have a chronic illness, you will relate.  If you know someone with a chronic illness, it will help you to think about that person in a whole new light.

Thanks to Christine Miserandino for this eloquent work.  It has touched me tremendously.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment