Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Spring Balance

I am enjoying this Spring more than I any I can remember.  There is just so much to anticipate right now.  Will the peeps lay eggs?  And if so when will they start?  And I’m looking forward to the garden build coming up in the first week of April.  Having a garden! Hooray!

I’ve taken my meditation practice out doors.  Indoors, there is so much going on that the walls seem to vibrate with thoughts, plans, stratagems, and to do lists all whirling around the house.  It’s too distracting.

Outdoors, I can still my mind easily.

Yesterday morning, I went outdoors as the full moon was hovering low in the sky.  I watched it set among the tree line as the sky brightened to the new day.  It set the tone for my whole day.

This morning the sky was too overcast to see the moon.  Instead the focus was on the morning sounds.  Incredible morning music of geese and birdsong.  Occasionally punctuated by the gravelly crowing of Rocky and the answering toy trumpet crowing of Sparky.   Starting the day this way brings me to center.

It carries me through as I do morning chores.  The sound of the metal buckets when I bring water and food to the hen house.  The slap of my wire gate, as it snaps back in place.  I walk the paths of my soon to be garden, and greet each plant, stone, insect or bird which calls out to my attention.

Once indoors, I can take that calm centered-ness with me.  And I light a candle to remind me to stay grounded today as I take on another busy day.  --To remind me to enjoy it all.  Living this way is a choice.  I either make a conscious decision to enjoy it, whatever I spend my time doing, or I become more bogged down, trying to keep my head above the water, mired in stress.

#StayingInLoveWithMyLife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment