Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring & Outdoor Living


























Esmerelda is helping.

It's such a gorgeous day that I'll be darned if I'm going to be stuck indoors even to do my dishes.


























So I set up an outdoor dish washing station using this perfect old table my mom found.  Just the right height and size for this job.  It will definitely do until I get a more permanent set up.

And I can keep an eye on the chickens who yearn for adventure and are always trying to get out of their own very large yard.

















What??  How did she get up there?

The reason I ran for the camera was because I heard a commotion (Sparky was beside himself and making the dickens of a row!) because there was a chicken on the roof of the hen house.  By the time I got outside with my camera, she was on the clothes line.  Sparky didn't recover until she flew back into the yard.

And look!  I think she laid an egg!!  I saw her sitting next to the nesting box about 20 minutes earlier, and now I see there is an egg there, in it's own little nest in the straw.  She's also busy cleaning up the hen house.  Hmmmm.  I wonder about that.


























You can see the little egg in the straw at the bottom of the ladder next to the nesting box.

I think it's time to find out this little girl's name, since she's laying eggs now.  I'm so excited about this.

One more picture and then back to work.



























Good job Sparky!  Way to stay on top of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment