Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

Since we work out of our home, it's hard to take a day off.  Thanksgiving is no exception.  But rather than spend it in overwhelm, I chose to multitask under more pleasant conditions.

At noon, I decided to take my stack of books to be sewn in preparation for binding, outside and work in the sunshine so I could allow the cats outdoors to bask in the sun, while at the same time letting Ruby and her chicks out into the yard to scratch and forage.  Maintaining a human presence as a moderator between species made me feel more secure, although I'm sure Ruby could handle it on her own.  (The cats usually steer clear of her anyway).

The chicks are developing new skills on a daily basis.  Yesterday I noticed they were all taking short flights around the yard, and today, I saw one fly up to the porch.  They also began scratching for themselves today, rather than following Ruby around.  They also took their first dust bath today.

Now I'm indoors with a chicken in the oven (turkey is too big for just the two of us), and putting the final touches on a simple supper.

I'll be covering slip cases after supper and gluing spines, on the freshly sewn books.

I would have taken the day off, but with no company, and family too far away this year, I decided to take the opportunity to get more work done.  I'm racing the clock to get all the Christmas orders filled for Pegana Press customers.

I still feel disappointed over not getting my Autumn zine out.  It was so close to being finished.  It doesn't look like I'll have time to release the Winter edition either.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment