Monday, April 18, 2016

Cooking Out

Sunday morning I went to pick up more fencing materials from Kipperts Korner, so I could get the chickens moved and plant my garden.

When I got home Mike suggested we have a barbecue.

Hmmmm.

We don't have a working barbecue anymore, and I stopped buying propane about two years ago because of fracking.

What to do?

I have a kind of cast iron dutch oven and a wrought iron plant stand.  I put the two together and created a make shift hibachi.  The one thing that always survives a rusted out commercial hibachi is the stainless steel grill that comes with them.  I happened to have one or two on hand.  And came up with this design.






























It uses very little wood, gets really hot and makes great coals.

And at night you get a cozy little bonfire after supper.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment