Sunday, April 10, 2016

Naughty Girl Tag Team

I think Ruby (hen) and Esmerelda (cat) have formed an alliance with their end goal being to drive the humans insane.  Anyway, that's what it feels like for today.

From early in the morning, I have been kicking both of them out of the house.  And no, Ruby does not live indoors with us, but Esmerelda does and she's been crazy naughty all day.  In fact they both have been into things that they shouldn't be.

And at one point Mike caught them on the back porch together.  I'm sure they must have been comparing notes.  It's just been one of those days where I've spent more time removing animals from places and situations where they don't belong.

My last post was on Thursday the 7th.  We had a wonderful time that evening having dinner with friends.  It's not often Mike stops working long enough to socialize.  But he had a great time, and so did I.

Friday I went on my quest to Kiperts Korner Feed store and found exactly what I spent all day Thursday looking for.  Fencing materials, and they were 25% less than anywhere else I could have gone.  Everything was made in the US and I supported a local business, rather than a corporate box store.



Hooray!









Yesterday we spent the day getting the posts pounded into the ground and the first level of 4 foot welded wire clipped on.  After we quit for the day, I found out Mike had injured his shoulder the day before and didn't tell me how badly he was hurt.  After a day of helping me build the fence, he spent the night in agony.  Fortunately, he's much better today, but I didn't want to continue with the fence project because I knew he'd want to help.  It's unfortunate, because if I don't get those chickens into their new home soon, I won't be able to plant my garden.  Ruby got into the garden area so many times today that I lost count.

General mayhem rules around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment